Troy Warren for CNT
Preferred Hotel Group – which operates Preferred Hotels & Resorts and the newly launched Beyond Green – today announced a series of much-anticipated updates to its I Prefer Hotel Rewards loyalty program. From the brand-new Explorer and Authority membership tiers and new earning and redemption options to a selection of new independent hotel experiences and a first-time Refer-A-Friend bonus offer, these latest developments address the shifting demands of today’s travelers and the continued evolution of the program.
“Over the past year, our loyal I Prefer Hotel Rewards members have shared consistent feedback requesting greater value and differentiation in their membership, a faster route to more benefits, a wider variety of points redemption options, and earlier recognition,” said Jeri Salazar, Vice President of Loyalty for Preferred Hotels & Resorts. “As part of our constant commitment to improvement and service excellence, we took on board these learnings to create several new member-focused initiatives that travelers can enjoy this summer and beyond as more travel freedoms are introduced.”
NEW MEMBERSHIP TIERS AND BENEFITS
As the world’s largest loyalty program for independent hotels, with more than 650 hotel experiences available to more than 3.8 million members, I Prefer Hotel Rewards is focused on flexibility for members, offering personalized rewards, points, tier status, and special benefits upon every eligible stay. Having recently invested in expanding the program’s benefits and capabilities, Preferred is pleased to introduce two new membership tiers – Explorer and Authority – each with its own set of unique and distinct benefits. Recognizing the importance of member-only value, the new tiers complement the existing Insider and Elite tiers, offering benefits such as priority early check-in and late check-out, complimentary room upgrades upon availability, free in-room internet, access to exclusive partner offers, unique welcome amenities, and 20 to 50 percent bonus points earning per eligible stay, based on their status. With the addition of the new tiers, member benefits for the existing tiers have also been revised:
– Insider (0-24,999 points): New members automatically receive Insider status upon enrollment, earning points for every eligible stay and accessing benefits such as priority early check-in and late check-out, room upgrades based on availability, complimentary Internet, a Beyond Green Stay Benefit Bonus, and digital access to Preferred Travel Magazine
– *NEW: Explorer (25,000-49,999 points): The new Explorer tier offers all Insider benefits, a unique welcome amenity such as a bottle of wine, spa credit or bag of locally made coffee, and 20 percent bonus points earning per eligible stay
– Elite (50,000+ points): Includes all benefits of Insider and Explorer memberships plus 50 percent bonus points earnings, a digital anniversary gift, and a distinct food and beverage offering such as a complimentary welcome cocktail or breakfast voucher (varies by hotel)
– *NEW: Authority (invite-only access): Includes all Insider, Explorer, and Elite benefits, in addition to complimentary daily breakfast for two (varies by hotel), concierge lounge access (varies by hotel), a dedicated reservation line, and the ability to gift Elite status to three friends per calendar year; membership is exclusive to top I Prefer members and available only by invitation
I PREFER REWARD NIGHTS
Members now have the option to book Reward Nights with points. For as little as 15,000 points per night, members can book and enjoy a selection of independent hotel experiences across North America including, but not limited to, Hotel Monville in Montreal, Canada; The Wort Hotel in Jackson, Wyoming; Half Moon in Montego Bay, Jamaica, any of eight HS Hotsson hotels in Mexico; Hotel Bennett in Charleston, South Carolina; and Sophy® Hyde Park in Chicago, Illinois; with more hotels from desirable global destinations coming soon. To learn more and to book stays at participating properties, members can visit the dedicated I Prefer Reward Nights site.
Members can now refer friends and family to I Prefer and receive points through the program’s new Refer-A-Friend bonus. By simply sharing a unique referral link via social, email or messenger, members can earn 1,000 bonus points for each new sign-up, with bonus points also extended to each new member. In recognition of the valuable role travel advisors play when organizing future getaways for their clients, the program is also offering the 1,000-point bonus to agents that onboard new members to the loyalty program. There is no cap to the number of friends, family, and clients that members can refer through the new offer.
NEWEST HOTEL OPTIONS FOR I PREFER TRAVELS
With a portfolio of more than 650 distinctive hotels and resorts worldwide, I Prefer Hotel Rewards combines the benefits of a robust points-based loyalty program with access to authentic hotel experiences to suit every travel occasion. More than 25 new properties have joined Preferred’s loyalty program so far this year, including ModernHaus SoHo (New York, United States), The Fives Oceanfront Puerto Morelos (Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico), Haycock Manor (Wansford, United Kingdom), La Esperanza Granada (Andalucia, Spain), Ultima Gstaad (Gstaad, Switzerland), Pendry Manhattan West (New York, United States), Hotel Diplomat (Stockholm, Sweden), Andronis Arcadia (Santorini, Greece) and The Park Kolkata (Kolkata, India), among others.
OTHER RECENT ENHANCEMENTS
– I Prefer Auctions – Exclusive to members, I Prefer Auctions offers a unique way to bid and win one-of-a-kind travel experiences such as winemaking and tasting in Tuscany, a suite stay and dinner for two in Canada, a couples spa experience in Acapulco, an artisanal meal under the stars in San Diego, and more, for as little as 5,000 points. Members can stay in the loop for the next auction via the dedicated auction site.
– I Prefer Loves – Launched in April 2021, I Prefer Loves offers members-only access to unique offers such as special products, services, gift cards, discounts, and more. Each month, the program adds a new brand partner across the travel, fashion, food and wine, home, and wellness industries through exclusive new promotions and deals. Members can view perks via IPrefer.com/ipreferloves.
– Points Extension – The points expiration date for all I Prefer Hotel Rewards members has been further extended from June 30 to December 17, 2021, with Elite members maintaining their status through June 30, 2022.
With I Prefer Hotel Rewards’ global scope and flexible structure, travelers no longer have to choose between booking an authentic independent hotel experience and receiving perks and status. The program platforms over 650 unique independent hotels, offering members an exclusive Flexible Member Ratewith savings of 10 percent or higher on top of the best available rate at more than 300 participating hotels. The flexible rate is fully cancellable up through day of arrival, providing travelers with that peace of mind needed for booking last minute.
Complimentary to join, travelers who would like to enroll in the program and take advantage of these exclusive promotions are invited to visit www.IPrefer.com/enroll.
In Other NEWS