Troy Warren for CNT #Celebrations
NATIONAL BANANA CREAM PIE DAY
The calendar loves pie days and National Banana Cream Pie Day is no exception! On March 2nd, be sure to get your slice of one of America’s all-time favorite creampies.
The traditional custard pie was modified into a recipe that resulted in the appetizing and flavorful banana cream pie. Dating back to the 19th century, banana cream pie found its way into recipe books. Today, recipes fill cookbooks and flood the internet for this yummy pie. In the 1950s, soldiers of the United States Armed Services ranked the banana cream pie as one of their favorites.
Banana and cream complement so many other flavors that bakers enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. Both chocolate and peanut butter pair well with bananas. Many other ingredients do as well. It should come as no surprise when exploring recipes when you discover the sheer number and variety to choose from. It’s a testament to just how much the banana cream pie is enjoyed and loved.
HOW TO OBSERVE #BananaCreamPieDay
- Make a banana cream pie.
- Visit your favorite bakery or cafe for a slice of banana cream pie.
- Try a new recipe.
- Invite a friend to join you for a slice of pie.
- Use #BananaCreamPieDay to post on social media.
Banana Cream Pie FAQ
Q. How hard is banana cream pie to make?
A. A banana cream pie can be made as simple as:
- 1 box instant banana pudding – 1 pkg cream cheese (softened) – 2 large bananas – 1 container whipped topping – 1 graham cracker crust
- Mix pudding with 1 1/2 cups milk, cool in the fridge until thickened. With a mixer, combine pudding and cream cheese until blended. Slice bananas into graham cracker crust. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas and top with whipped topping. Chill for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!!