By Adam Campbell-Schmitt | FoodAndWine.Com
Troy Warren for CNT #Foodie
Check the freezer section for pints of Oatmeal Creme Pies, Swiss Rolls, and Cosmic Brownies.
You can’t resist them. They beckon you from their little shelf next to supermarket checkout or below the bodega counter. Those classic cellophane-wrapped pastries from Little Debbie — with their bold labels, cheerful mascot, and, most importantly, frosting — always seem to sneak their way into your shopping bag. But soon you’ll also be able to find those same flavors popping up in your freezer.
This week, Hudsonville Ice Cream announced a continuing partnership with snack cake icon Little Debbie that will see seven of the latter brand’s classic treats turned into pints of ice cream. (The companies had previously worked together to bring us an ice cream based on Christmas Tree Cakes last November, a collaboration that seems to have worked out since it’s just been increased by 700 percent!)
Here are the classic Little Debbie snacks you can expect to see in ice cream form (with descriptions provided by Hudsonville Ice Cream):
- Oatmeal Creme Pies: Vanilla creme ice cream with soft oatmeal cookie pieces and a hint of molasses
- Cosmic Brownies: Brownie batter ice cream filled with mini rainbow chips and brownie pieces
- Zebra Cakes: White cake ice cream with yellow cake pieces and a milk chocolate fudge swirl
- Honey Buns: Honey bun flavored ice cream with glazed honey bun pieces and a sweet cinnamon swirl
- Strawberry Shortcake Rolls: White cake ice cream with yellow cake pieces and a tart strawberry swirl
- Swiss Rolls: Chocolatey cake ice cream with chocolate cake pieces and a swirl of whipped cream
- Nutty Bars: Peanut butter ice cream swirled with chocolatey waffle cone pieces and a thick fudge swirl
The Little Debbie ice cream flavors will make their debut on Febuary 1 and retail for $2.50 per pint. Is there a catch? A small one: They’ll be available exclusively at Walmart. But perhaps the best news is, these aren’t some limited-time offer. The announcement states that all seven new Little Debbie Ice Cream flavors will be available year-round.